The U.S. Air Force Band of the Golden West's Travis Brass is scheduled to perform free concerts in the Pacific Northwest March 20-24.
The Travis Brass is the brass group of the U.S. Air Force Band of the Golden West, based at Travis Air Force Base, Calif.
Below is their schedule of events:
- March 30 at 7:30 p.m. Benaroya Hall, Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall, 200 University St., Seattle, WA 98111
- March 21 at 10 a.m. (RESIDENTS ONLY, NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC) Veteran's Administration Community Living Center, Tacoma, WA 98493
- March 22 at noon Seattle Public Library Auditorium, 1000 4th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
- March 23 at 3 p.m. Lincoln Theatre, 712 S. 1st St., Mt. Vernon, WA 98273
- March 24 at 2 p.m. Ballard Branch of the Seattle Public Library, 5614 22nd Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107
From a standard march or traditional brass composition to jazz, ragtime and the popular music of today, this group's diverse repertoire covers a myriad of styles. Throughout the West Coast, Travis Brass focuses on educational outreach through hands-on clinics, master classes and interactive concerts for aspiring musicians of all ages. Additionally, Travis Brass shares their enthusiasm and expertise, customizing every performance to provide entertainment for community relations concerts, TV shows and professional sporting events, as well as honoring military personnel.
The only active-duty Air Force band west of the Rockies, the Band of the Golden West is comprised of 51 Airmen-musicians under the command of Capt. Jason S. Plosch. In addition to performing for civilian communities throughout the states of California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona and Utah, the band supports 13 Air Force bases, 8 Air Force Reserve wings and 6 recruiting squadrons in more than 250 annual performances for 1.5 million attendees.
All concerts are free and open to the public. For more information, visit the appearances page of the U.S. Air Force Band of the Golden West website: www.bandofthegoldenwest.af.mil/events/index.asp.