Back to Children

Resources for single parents

Where to turn to for help

Email Article Print Article Share on Facebook Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon

Helpful resources for the single parent are sometimes just a click or phone call away: - free articles, books and DVDs available as well as localized support referral and counseling;  1-(800) -342-9647 -- resources for family/loved ones of deployed personneln - -military community and family programs.  Follow "Troops and Families," then look for "Pre-deployment Guide" to download and "Deployment Connections," an on-line handbook for coping with deployment.

"When Duty Calls: A Handbook for Families Facing Military Separation" by Carol Vandesteeg is available at Lakewood Christian Gift Center.n National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) - 1-(800) -424-2246 will assist in locating child care for military children in civilian communities and a program to subsidize the care cost. National Guard Family Program.  If not Guard families are not near a military installation, National Guard Family Assistance Centers are available in every state.

Legal Assistance Offices - Your installation's office can help with the legal documents requirements. 

Read next close


Poona the what?

Comments for "Resources for single parents"

Comments for this article are currently closed.