These rules apply to all contests running on weeklyvolcano.com, in the print edition of the Weekly Volcano and all Swarner Communications-branded media. Please note that individual contests may have additional rules and regulations. Questions, clarification or comments about these rules can be directed to (email@example.com)
1. HOW TO ENTER: To be eligible to win the prize as indicated, entrants must correctly answer the skill-testing question on the online form. All areas of the form must be completed in full and entries must be received by the posted deadline date. There is a limit of one entry per household. No purchase necessary. You are not allowed to enter anyone other than yourself in Weekly Volcano contests. Instead, use the "Recommend Article" feature to notify others to enter.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Weekly Volcano’s contests are open to South Sound residents, 19 years of age or older (unless otherwise specified) with the exception of employees and those with whom are domiciled of Swarner Communications Inc. and its affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies or employees of companies supplying prizes.
3. PRIZES: Value of prizes is approximately that shown on the Promotions page. Prize cannot be refunded and is not transferable or convertible to cash. Prizes may not be exactly as shown or indicated. Swarner Communications reserves the right to substitute any prize with an alternate prize of equal or greater value.
4. NOTIFICATION: Only the winning participants will be notified by email and/or phone. Occasionally, the Weekly Volcano will also send out a one time special offer mailing to all contest participants.
5. CLAIMING OF PRIZES: The major qualifying factor for entry is that you must be able to obtain your prize in person at 8312 Custer Road S.W. in Lakewood, before the pick-up deadline. We are not responsible for unclaimed prizing after the pick-up deadline has passed. Pick-up deadlines are conveyed at the time of notification. Deadlines will vary depending on the time sensitivity of the prize. For ticketed events (i.e. concerts, film screenings, etc.) the pick-up deadline is considered to be the closing hour of the Swarner Communications offices the day of the event. We regret that we are unable to mail or courier prizes to winners. The winner(s) must also present valid photo identification and the information they provide must match that provided by us on the contest form. Before being declared a winner, the prize winner(s) will also be required to sign a declaration form confirming acceptance of the prize offered, a waiver of liability acknowledging the non-responsibility of Swarner Communications Inc and its agents in respect to injuries, accidents or loss relating to the prize and a publicity release acknowledging the right of Swarner Communications Inc. and the agents to publish and/or broadcast the winner's picture, name, address, voice and statements without further compensation.
6. PRIVACY All entries submitted become the property of Swarner Communications Inc. By submitting ballot, you are granting your permission to use your name on the Weekly Volcano Web site and in any print promotional material in the event if chosen as a winner. By submitting your ballot, you are also granting the Weekly Volcano to use, in any aggregate manner, any information that you supply for demographic purposes. However, your address and contact information is kept strictly confidential. All mailing lists are opt-in. You will not be added to any mailing lists that you do not join. However, the Weekly Volcano will on occasion email contest entrants directly pertaining to the contest entered. By entering the contest, you are granting Swarner Communications permission to email you in this manner, to notify you of winning, and/or to notify you of possible problems with your entry or other contact that the Weekly Volcano deems necessary at our discretion.
All information supplied by the entrant which is non-personal in nature, including not but limited to: answers to contest questions, comments, postings on contest message boards, etc, becomes the property of Swarner Communications Inc. This information may be posted for public viewing, used in Weekly Volcano promotional pieces both print and online or otherwise published. By submitting this information to the Weekly Volcano you are granting Swarner Communications Inc. the rights to you commentary/content and the ability to use, modify, edit and other use said content. Note that all mailing lists are opt-in only.
7. Swarner Communications Inc. reserves the right to revise, cancel or close this contest at any time.
8. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received.
9. BANNING: The Weekly Volcano reserves the right to prohibit entry from any person who we believe to be abusing these rules. Abuse includes entering multiple times and entering false information. We realize that mistakes occur, and make every effort to ensure that our contests are run in a fair manner. As such, we make an effort to contact people who are banned in order to explain what has occurred and to facilitate communication. However, sometimes this is not possible. If you have been banned and wish to discuss the situation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. TECHNICAL ERRORS: The Weekly Volcano cannot be held responsible for technical failures on the part of contest software or human error which could result in inaccurate postings and notifications. The Weekly Volcano is also not responsible for email notifications that are rejected or do not reach a contest winner. The Weekly Volcano reserves the right to cancel a contest at any time or to correct results in order to rectify software errors.
11. Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, County and Municipal laws.
12. These rules are subject to change without notice.
13. Have a nice day.