WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3 2013 >>>
1. Mayor Marilyn Strickland. It just flows off the lips. The likelihood of that very thing being on the lips of everyone in Tacoma for a few more years just increased dramatically, as Mayor Strickland has formally announced her reelection campaign and will hold a kick-off at 5:30 p.m. inside the Pantages Theater.
2. Maybe your ex never splurged on roses. Or maybe your experience in gardening consists solely of ogling the neighbor's help. Either way, we're guessing you're ready to start your own garden. If that's the case, stop by Gallucci Learning Garden from 5-7 p.m. for a free workshop on growing calendars, succession planting and how to best utilize your garden's space.
3. In 2011, readers of this fine rag voted the Top of Tacoma Bar and Cafe the best bar in Tacoma. This was due in no small part to their well drink Wednesdays. Two dolar well drinks after 7 p.m. Are you kidding? That's, like, riding the train to funkytown for only eight bucks. Yes, please. The kitchen stay sopen to midnight. Choo, choooo!
4. Pub trivia nights can either ignite the party or stifle the mood. McNamara's Pub & Eatery in DuPont does everything possible to avoid being a major buzz kill. Every Wednesday McNamara's Pub starts team trivia at 7 p.m. Irish-inspired food helps trivia players stock up on brainpower before the trivia starts. Beer and drink specials happen at trivia intermission. Because everyone knows a good buzz makes trivia that much easier. What's the capital of Kazakhstan? Take a drink and think.
5. After two-and-a-half years, the Tallhouse Arts Consortium is back in full swing with its first Wednesday of the month free performances at The Brotherhood Lounge in Olympia, which is tonight at 8 p.m. The aerialists, whose Facebook profile states, "Farting rhinestones since... ah, we can't even remember," will delight audiences with its strong and sturdy flips, flying and artistic trapeze. The group brings in interesting songs, unique performances, flirty fun and guest trapeze artist Lara Paxton - all for free.