1. A flag is a symbol, a configuration of color, and shape. Combined these elements serve to encode information. “Union Tac” does the same. It is a group art show and serves as Tacoma’s conceptual “Flag”. Each artist has been asked to create a gesture, symbol, image icon that represents a district, neighborhood or place within Tacoma. Just as the graphic of St. George’s Cross-, and the flag of Scotland called St. Andrews Cross become England’s Union Jack. Fulcrum Gallery and the City of Tacoma Arts Commission join forces to bring you “Union Tac." Noon - 6 p.m., free, Fulcrum Gallery, 1308 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, (253) 250-0520.
2. A 5-course menu is being prepared by Toscanos Executive Chef, Tom Pantley, to showcase the subtle flavors of Pomum's wines. The evening begins with no-host cocktails at 6:30 p.m., with the dinner following at 7 p.m. For reservations, call (253) 864-8600. Toscano's Cafe and Wine Bar, 437 29th St NE # C, Puyallup.
3. Join friends for an evening of acoustic jams, delish BBQ and cocktails at The Pig Bar in Oly, 8 p.m, free, 619 Legion Way Southeast, Olympia,(360) 943-6900.
4. Lorrie Jones, certified in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and an expert on emotional eating, will be at the Olympia Timberland Library to speak on why we eat (or don't eat), how to create mindful eating habits, and learn guidelines to keep pounds off for life. The presentation takes place after regular library hours, from 7:30 to 8:45 p.m., free, 313 8th Ave SE, (360) 352-0595.
5. Ever wonder the history and techniques of glass blowing? Check out this documentary film at the Museum of Glass. Free with museum memebership or admission $5-$12, 1801 Dock Street, Tacoma,(253) 396-1768.