SUNDAY, OCT. 28, 2012 >>>
1. The Northern is hosting a steampunky good time tonight with Unwoman, Insomniac Folklore and guests. 8 p.m., $5, 414 1/2 Legion Way, Olympia.
2. It's Free Radio Olympia's first annual waffle and mimosa fundraiser brunch! Sounds delicious, especially after a night on the town. Support your local radio and get down to The Sour House for two waffles & toppings for $6.50, all vegan with gluten free option. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., 1423 Bowman Ave, N.W. Olympia, behind the West Side Food Co-Op.
3. Each October, Tacoma City Ballet transforms their gorgeous space in The Merlino Art Center into The Haunted Theatre, a world of spooky Halloween scenes. Visitors to The Haunted Theatre check in at the box office before being taken on an intriguing tour through the decorated rooms while hearing fun Halloween facts and stories. After the short tour, a delightful performance of Halloween-inspired dances is held in the grand Jan Collum Ballroom. Designed with families in mind, The Haunted Theatre will delight audiences of all ages. 3 p.m., $5, 508 6th Ave. Tacoma, 253.272.4219.
4. Film Focus presents: Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. A tale of a strange young man and his possessive mother features the now-famous shower scene, the sinister Bates Motel and the creepy house that overlooks it. 3 p.m., $14, Theatre on the Square, 915 Broadway, Tacoma, 253.591.5894.
5. How about some live music to round out the weekend? Gin Creek will play original bluegrass, R&B and roots rock, with influences like Chuck Berry, Ray Charles, Louis Jordan and Elvis Presley. 7 p.m., no cover, The Spar, 2121 North 30th Street, Tacoma, 253.272.2122.