SCARY DAY, OCT. 31, 2012 >>>
1. The Northern had all their equipment stolen at the end of September. Please join the Brotherhood for a great show to help them recover from the loss: Full Moon Radio, Vex and Carolyn Mark will rock the house. 100 percent of door and 50 percent of bar sales after 9 p.m. to benefit Northern: Olympia All Ages Project. 9 p.m., $5 suggested donation, The Brotherhood Lounge, 311 Capitol Way N.
2. Bring out the little boils and ghouls for safe and sane trick-or-treating in downtown Sumner. The City even closes the street for the safety of the kids who will be celebrating along main street as they show off their costumes and receive treats from the merchants. 5 - 7 p.m., You can also trick-or-treat in the historic Proctor District of Tacoma from 4 - 6 p.m., and in downtown Olympia from 3 - 6 p.m.
3. Spend Halloween in the historical State Theater and experience the spooky tale of The Golem, written and performed by Daniel Flint and starring live music by Jupiter Rex. The Golem follows the story of Athanasius Pernath, a jeweler in Prague's Jewish ghetto in the late 19th century who is afflicted with a curious amnesia. When a strange man enters Pernath's life with a mysterious book, the jeweler begins his descent into a labyrinth of murder, madness, and plots of revenge and unrequited love that eventually bring him face to face with his own dark past and mortality. 8 p.m., $20, Harlequin Productions, State Theater, 202 4th Avenue East, Olympia, 360.786.0151.
4. The Spazmatics will provide a nerdy good time with 80's covers tonight at Jazzbones. Costume contest with $100 prize, drink specials and fun! 9 p.m. $7, Jazzbones, 2803 6th Ave, Tacoma, 253.396.9169.
5. Haunted Dance Night at the Deltan Club brings a costume contest, ghoulish go-go- dancers and entertainment. Ghoulish go-go dancers? Sold. 9 p.m., Deltan Club, 733 Commerce Street, Tacoma.