1. Start a course where you learn to pretend to kick ass. Stage Combat is a specialized technique in theatre designed to create the illusion of physical combat without causing harm to the performers. It is typically found in live stage plays as well as operatic and ballet productions. This class emphasizes the development of technique and the process of the work rather than the performance, with a focus on accuracy, safety, and the fundamental techniques needed to protect the actor and their instrument when engaged in dramatic physical encounters. 5 - 7 p.m., $145 6 week class, Lakewood Playhouse, 5729 Lakewood Towne Center Boulevard SW, (253)588-0042.
2. If you are looking for something special for your home or loved one, look at this show. They have art for every home and everyone! Flowers are great, but art is the best gift yet.9 a.m. - 6 p.m., free, Gibson Gallery, 5001 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, www.rainierleagueofarts.com.
3. This program is just for babies (ages birth-2) with a parent or caregiver. Begin with group play and finish with one-on-one lap time with bouncing rhymes, short stories, and songs. 10: 30 a.m., Main Tacoma Public Library, 1102 Tacoma Avenue South,(253) 292-2001.
4. We're not talking the wife-swapping kind of swinging. Tonight is a night to get introduction to the classy dance moves of Swing. No partner needed, all ages and skill levels welcome. 7:30 - 10:30 p.m., $5, Eagles Hall, 805 E 4th Ave, Olympia. olyswing.com/
5. It was a toss-up between writing about the Bieber concert at the T-Dome and Brtish Export at the Red Wind Casino. British Export won. Check them out tonight as they cover the late, great Beatles. 8 p.m., free, 12819 Yelm Hwy SE, Olympia,(360) 412-5000.