October 18, 2012 at 5:46am
1. Olympia Family Theater’s production of “Go Dog Go” is a canine cabaret, bringing a beloved children’s classic to life with amazing physical comedy, amusing acrobatics and magic music. The dogs celebrate the many joys and challenges of life and friendship while cavorting across the OFT stage. The show takes the spirit of the book and brings it to life in a joyful production full of excitement, suitable for children of all ages. 7 p.m., $12-$19, Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E.
2. Enjoy an evening of free hands on art making opportunities at Tacoma Art Museum. They will have a building filled with free art creation experiences related to our current exhibitions. Arts Crush reawakens the senses by engaging people in the arts in unique ways; through hands-on participation, peeking behind the scenes, or experiencing art in unexpected places. 5 - 8 p.m., 1701 Pacific Ave.,(253) 272-4258.
3. With the strange political climate and the outcome of recent primaries, there is bound to be some interesting conversations. Drinking Liberally is an informal gathering of like-minded left-leaners and true hardcore lefties who want to trade ideas, get more involved, to rant, or just share each others company. 7 p.m., free, The Hub, 203 Tacoma Avenue South,(253) 683-4606.
4. Get spooked at the Rutledge Corn Maze and help Olympia Artspace Alliance raise funds and awareness for a live work development for local artists. Vote for your favorite carved pumpkin and take a trip through the maze. 7 - 10 p.m., $13, 302 93rd Ave, Olympia, SE, (360)357-3700.
5. The Harvey Girls(PDX), Not From Brooklyn and Humble Cub. Besides having an adorable name, Humble Cub also delivers a nice dose of atmospheric indie rock. $2 miller high life tall cans 9 p.m., $5, The New Frontier Lounge, 301 East 25th Street, Tacoma, (253) 572-4020.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...