October 29, 2012 at 6:24am
MONDAY, OCT. 29, 2012 >>>
1. Dennis Hastings has been singing in the Pacific Northwest for over 25 years and has a reputation as a hard working musician with style and grace. A background in rock and R&B has led Dennis to evolve as a singer with one foot in the blues and his eyes on the horizons of jazz and the songbook of great American standards. He has been on stage with such luminaries of the blues as John Lee Hooker and James Harmon. He tours major venues, including Jazz Alley, Jazzbones and the northwest music festival, Bumbershoot. Check him out tonight at the Royal Lounge in Olympia. 8 p.m., $5 suggested donation, 311 Capitol Way N, 360.705.0760.
2. Special Halloween showcase tonight! Come hear the spookily awesome Death By Stars and guest deejay Sliide. DJ Melodica will be playing a special Halloween mix and the TV Theme Song contest will be horrifically themed as well. $3 pints, $2 hot dogs, no cover. There are also some special birthdays happening this night. Great time to celebrate! 9 p.m., Magoo's Annex, 2710 North 21st Street Tacoma, 253.759.0467.
3. Rock A Bye Dead Man is a Rock Operaabout a detective and a police officer, who are summoned to an old dark house to investigate the murder of their boss. They become entangled in a web of deceit among the house guests, and are forced to confront the supernatural. 7:30 p.m., $3, Washington State History Museum, 1911 Pacific Avenue
4. Washington Center Art Gallery: Original screen prints by Sherry Buckner feature creatures from zooming dragonflys to soaring eagles. For more information and a preview of Sherry's work, visit: www.sherrybuckner.com. Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E. 360.753.8586.
5. Join Project:U as they volunteer with the Boys and Girls Club at their annual Halloween event. Although sponsored by the Boys and Girls Club, the event takes place at Thompson Elementary School in Spanaway. The duties will include: set up, clean up, running events and games, cookie decorating helpers and trunker treating helpers. Costumes are welcome! Come help out and enjoy a fun evening with the kids! 3:30 - 8 p.m., Thompson Elementary School, 15605 B St E., Tacoma.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...