October 14, 2012 at 6:15am
1. Watch creepy R Rated favorites on the big screen with free popcorn, $1 tall boys of Rolling Rock and happy hour prices all night. 9 p.m., free, The New Frontier Lounge, 301 E 25th St., Tacoma.
2. Ready to be a rollergirl? The Dockyard Derby Dames are holding tryouts! Candidates should bring a driver’s license/ ID card, roller skates, protective gear, (it can get scary out there!) and a water bottle. 8 p.m., free, Auburn Skate Connextion, 1825 Howard Rd., Auburn. www.dockyardderbydames.com.
3. The Brotherhood Lounge presents free movie night followed by DJ James. The Cabin in the Woods is perfect for Halloween with it's suspense, gore and partying. Grab a drink, some free popcorn and settle in for a scare. 7 p.m. 119 Capitol Way, Olympia.
4. The framework of this spine tingler is unusual: a lawyer hires an actor to tutor him in recounting to family and friends a story that has long troubled him concerning events that transpired when he attended the funeral of an elderly recluse. There he caught sight of the woman in black, the mere mention of whom terrifies the locals, for she is a specter who haunts the neighborhood where her illegitimate child was accidentally killed. Anyone who sees her dies! The lawyer has invited some friends to watch as he and the actor recreate the events of that dark and stormy night. A classic of the genre. 2 p.m., $18-$24, Lakewood Playhouse, 5729 Lakewood Towne Center Boulevard SW,(253) 588-0042.
5. From the 80's till today, rapper Too Short has been advising kids with his smooth talk rap. Dude still knows how to rap, the only thing that's kinda scary is he must be pushing 70.
"You can take my advice and start workin', fool
Or you can close your ears and run your mouth
And one day, homeboy, ya soon find out
Life is too short"
6 p.m. doors, 8 p.m. show, $20 adv, 21+, Jazzbones, 2803 6th Ave, Tacoma, (253) 396-9169.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...