1. Adults & children of all ages! Please call Lakewood Playhouse box office, to reserve an audition slot, or at www.lakewoodplayhouse.org or send an e-mail, requesting one, to: email@example.com. Performances: December 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th / December 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd / Special Performance Christmas Eve at Noon. 5729 Lakewood Towne Center Boulevard SW, Lakewood, (253) 588-0042.
2. Promoting the art of beautiful writing. Beginners, professionals, and everyone in-between are welcome! Pre-meeting 5:30pm, 6:30-8 pm, Free for visitors, $20 per anum for members, 6501 North 23rd Street, Tacoma.
3. Time again for drunken poetry. Readings operate on a first-come first-serve sign-up basis. Time is limited so three poems of moderate length or one long poem and one short from each reader. You must however submit a piece to be read by the Designated Drunk, who will be chosen at the end of each reading or shortly after and will be informed well before the next reading. Buying of drinks for the Designated Drunk is encouraged. Make it good because submissions will be considered for publication on the blogs and anthologized in a chapbook published quarterly by Last Word Press. Hours may vary without meaning or purpose. 7:30-9:30 p.m., free, Last Word Books, 211 4th Avenue East, Olympia,(360) 786-9673.
4. Presented in cooperation with Secret Garden Bookshop, Seattle. Seating is limited and on a space-available basis. This event is for her grown-up fans, for the teachers, educators, and everyone else who's grown up and taught with and from her books for years. Rosemary will talk about incorporating her work into curriculum and the importance of teaching children's literature. This is not a story time! Booksigning follows. Books will be available for purchase and signing at the event. 7 p.m., Tacoma Public Library Main, 1102 Tacoma Ave. S.(253) 591-5661.
5. Soft jazz for the whole family, as well as (not drunken) open mic poetry. Starts at 4:30 p.m., so you can grab some dinner at Kitzel's Crazy Delicious Delicatessen and enjoy the free entertainment. 514 Capitol Way South Olympia, (360) 357-7747.