TUESDAY OCT. 30, 2012 >>>
1. CANCELED DUE TO HURRICANE SANDY: Bishop Gene Robinson is the first openly gay ordained minister of a major Christain denomination. Bishop Robinson, of the Episcopal Church Diocese of New Hampshire, will speak about his new book, God is Love: Straight Talk on Gay Marriage. A book signing and reception will follow and books will be available for purchase. 7 - 8:30 p.m., free, Immanual Presbyterian Church, 901 North J St., Tacoma, 253.627.8371.
2. Come sit and read, drink tea, and argue politics - perfect timing to weigh in your votes. 5 - 7 p.m., free, Last Word Books, 211 4th Ave. E., Olympia, 360.786.9673.
3. Calling all lover's of music and pirates of radio: Tonight's benefit for Free Radio Olympia features Transfix, Moldy Castle and Laser Zeppelin. 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., $3-$5, Palace Flophouse, 120 Phoenix St. NE., Olympia.
4. Through ritual, inspirational readings, poetry, and music, women share insights about life and the sacred. Participants are invited into deeper reflection and a renewed sense of their own goodness. It's a surprise this isn't held on Evergreen's campus. 10:30 - 11:45 a.m., free, Catherine Place, 923 S. 8th St., Tacoma, 253.572.3547.
5. Today is the last day to enjoy the Westside Farmer's Market great lineup of vendors this year, some new and some returning, selling plant starts and produce, delicious baked goods, pastured eggs, poultry and meat, herbs and tinctures, native plants, custom flower bouquets, soaps and salves, crafts, and Filipino food. Stop by on your way home from work and pick up something for dinner! 4 - 7 p.m., the parking lot of the Gloria Dei Church on Thomas and Harrison on Olympia’s West Side.