October 30, 2012 at 5:07am
TUESDAY OCT. 30, 2012 >>>
1. CANCELED DUE TO HURRICANE SANDY: Bishop Gene Robinson is the first openly gay ordained minister of a major Christain denomination. Bishop Robinson, of the Episcopal Church Diocese of New Hampshire, will speak about his new book, God is Love: Straight Talk on Gay Marriage. A book signing and reception will follow and books will be available for purchase. 7 - 8:30 p.m., free, Immanual Presbyterian Church, 901 North J St., Tacoma, 253.627.8371.
2. Come sit and read, drink tea, and argue politics - perfect timing to weigh in your votes. 5 - 7 p.m., free, Last Word Books, 211 4th Ave. E., Olympia, 360.786.9673.
3. Calling all lover's of music and pirates of radio: Tonight's benefit for Free Radio Olympia features Transfix, Moldy Castle and Laser Zeppelin. 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., $3-$5, Palace Flophouse, 120 Phoenix St. NE., Olympia.
4. Through ritual, inspirational readings, poetry, and music, women share insights about life and the sacred. Participants are invited into deeper reflection and a renewed sense of their own goodness. It's a surprise this isn't held on Evergreen's campus. 10:30 - 11:45 a.m., free, Catherine Place, 923 S. 8th St., Tacoma, 253.572.3547.
5. Today is the last day to enjoy the Westside Farmer's Market great lineup of vendors this year, some new and some returning, selling plant starts and produce, delicious baked goods, pastured eggs, poultry and meat, herbs and tinctures, native plants, custom flower bouquets, soaps and salves, crafts, and Filipino food. Stop by on your way home from work and pick up something for dinner! 4 - 7 p.m., the parking lot of the Gloria Dei Church on Thomas and Harrison on Olympia’s West Side.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...