1. Come on down to Poison Apple's first annual Halloween Spook-Tacular. They will have refreshments and spooky tunes. The festivities include raffles for fun and fantstic prizes fom local buisnesses and artists! Costume contests for little AND big kids! Pumpkin coloring contest! Poison Apple spooky coloring contest! There will also be a few vendors showing off their frightening products! The Pinups Against Cancer will also have a creepy bake sale! This is an all ages event - don't be afraid to bring the kiddies. Costumes are strongly encouraged. Time Kids will also be here with their buttons and fun stuff. Raffle will be held the date of the event at 4 p.m. sharp. Noon - 6 p.m., free, 907 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington(253) 304-1874.
2. Put on your best costume and join in a fun, fall-themed weekend at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. Come watch the animals enjoy special pumpkin enrichments and see how creative our keepers are at designing their jack-o-lanterns! *Everyone in costume will receive a $2 discount off the general zoo admission rate. The popular event features indoor and outdoor activities, as well as treats, photos and more. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Free with Zoo membership or admission $6.25-$14.50, 5400 North Pearl Street
3. Help welcome Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) to Tacoma Art Museum for the eighth consecutive year. Observe or participate as artists create a tapete, or sand painting, in the museum’s lobby, while school and community groups and individuals install thematic altars remembering loved ones and raising social awareness on the atrium. This year’s tapete is an exploration of flowers, in honor of the marigolds so important to the Día de los Muertos celebration, as well as the upcoming exhibition Andy Warhol’s Flowers for Tacoma, opening November 3. Tapete and altars remain on view through the free community festival, Sunday, November 4. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Free with museum membership or admission $8-$10, 1701 Pacific Ave.(253) 272-4258.
4. With Prank War, Adjustment To Society, Vex, Michael Jackson and Perjury, all money will directly benefit the grand jury resistors. Rock for a cause. For more information, go to saynothing.info and NoPoliticalRepression.wordpress.com 6:30 p.m., $7-$100, Le Voyeur, 404 4th Avenue East, Olympia,(360) 943-5710.
5. New Frontier knows how to throw a good rock show. Tonight is no exception and the bands even have a Halloweeny name theme. Shrouded In Veils with Midnight Graves 9 p.m., The New Frontier Lounge, 301 East 25th Street, Tacoma,(253) 572-4020.