1. Local celebs will be pouring beer and Kim Archer will be headlining. Plus there is no cover to attend. Celebrity Bartenders beginning at 4:40 pm will include: Mayor Strickland, Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist, Tacoma City Council Members Victoria Woodard and Ryan Mello, State Rep Laurie Jinkins, Pierce County Auditor Julie Anderson, Chamber CEO Tom Pierson and others. Cash tips will go to support the United Way of Pierce County. Please share with your friends as the event is open to the public. 4:30 - 7 p.m., Free admission, donation, cash tips encouraged, The Swiss, 1904 Jefferson Avenue, Tacoma,(253) 572-2821.
2. With Western Buddhist nun Kelsang Tsoglam. Ordinarily the day-to-day difficulties we encounter give rise to frustration, stress or feeling overwhelmed. By learning to respond to challenges skillfully, with acceptance, creativity, and wisdom, our problems become powerful spiritual fuel. Join us to hear about Buddha's teachings on transforming adverse conditions into the path and learn to surf the big waves of daily life. 7 - 8:30 p.m., $5-$10, Free for Supporters, United Way/Children's Museum Building: 1501 Pacific Avenue, Suite #301: Tacoma.
3. Pecha Kucha is Japanese for "chit chat", the event is an opportunity for artists to share their work or make a presentation on an art-related topic. It's also known as 20x20, as each presenter shows 20 slides in a Powerpoint format, timed to 20 seconds per slide. Please call Stephanie Johnson at (360) 709-2678 to reserve your spot.6 p.m., free, Olympia Timberland Library, 313 8th Avenue Southeast, Olympia.
4. Lakewood Community Jazz Band is a group of 21 eager musicians that reside in the South Puget Sound area. LCJB is led by the great trumpet player, educator and arranger Syd Potter. Whether private or public, LCJB books many different types of gigs. They are well versed in Vespers, Blues, Latin and Swing styles of music. Tonight at the Royal Lounge. 8 - 10 p.m., $5, Royal Lounge, 311 Capitol Way North, Olympia.
5. From New York, these ghettotechers will be gettin crunk at Le Voyeur tonight with Ssion and Andro Arrows. Silly, groovy, poppin, their facebook page declares they love pumps, stunts, cunts, shows, diamonds, gold, constellations, mens, bad bitches and the universe. 10 p.m., 404 4th Avenue East, Olympia,(360) 943-5710.