1. Please don't be confused, this is not just a musical show. The Fun Police don't just host bands on a stage. The Liberty Theater will be filled with games and activities for kiddies and dolts alike. Many favorites will be there including: A Giant Spinning Wheel, Fortune Telling Siamese Twins, a Good Nut/ Bad Nut scale, Lions, Tigers and Bears, face painting, paintings from local artists (fingers crossed for Steve Hapy and Larkin), a zombie pinata, a visit from the ghost of the old guy that told you not to put your feet on the seats, chew gum, or do drugs, and of course.... A Costume Contest! WHO: Bog Hoppers Helter Skipper and the Gilligan Manson's Fun Police Furry Buddies. 7 p.m., $6 with costume, $8 without, Liberty Theater, 116 West Main Avenue, Puyallup,(253) 864-8116.
2. Join in the fun for the 5th Annual FALL BREW FEST at Varsity Grill, featuring nine of the season's best beers. Enjoy all the beer samples and a buffet of fall themed appetizers! Featuring the following beers: Pyramid Oktoberfest, Samuel Adams Octoberfest, Blue Moon Harvest, MoonShock Top Pumpkin Wheat, to name a few. 5 :30 p.m., $15 for Serious Beer Drinkers club members, $20 General Admission Great prizes and a lot of fun! Live band karaoke immediately following the tasting at 8:30 p.m. 1114 Broadway, Tacoma.
3. The Evergreen State College will host a debate on marriage equality in the Longhouse. The event is offered to the campus and local community as a public service. A live web stream of the event will make the debate available to people across Washington State. Debating the issue are Andrew Koppelman, John Paul Stevens Professor of Law at Northwestern University, and Maggie Gallagher, co-founder of the National Organization for Marriage and the author of four books on marriage, including (with John Corvino) Debating Same-Sex Marriage. Member of the Faculty Jose Gomez will moderate. Hosting a debate on marriage equality is timely. This issue will be on the ballot on November 6. 7 p.m, free and open to the public, 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW,
4. Celebrate and support the Tacoma Farmers Market organization! The Tacoma Farmers Market Board presents "Banquet of Bounty" a new and soon to be annual fundraising dinner that connects our community to our farms. The event serves to remind Tacoma-Pierce County residents that our vibrant cultural and agricultural heritage is alive and well. Proceeds from the event go towards keeping vendor fees affordable for all farmers and producers, and to provide funds for market capacity-building. 6:30 p.m., $75, Hotel Murano, 1320 Broadway Plaza, Tacoma,(253) 238-8000.
5. Minneapolis based True North Entertainment presents Olympia’s own DMT with special guests The KnowMads. This concerts marks the release of DMT’s highly anticipated “Come See” album. The album release show, hosted by Yak Nasty, will feature artists from Seattle, Olympia, Portland, LA, and Billings. Don’t miss Olympia’s biggest hip-hop show of the year! Doors 7 p.m., show 8 p.m., $12 Advance, $15 Day of Show. Capitol Theater, 206 5th Ave, Olympia.