1. Perhaps you need a radiation detector, or a German military style aviater helmet. The military collectibles show features collectors and dealers who display or sell an assortment of unusual or historic examples of field gear, uniforms, insignia and other military accessories. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., $5-$10, Olympic Flight Museum, 7637 Old Highway 99 Southeast
2. People of all ages and spiritual backgrounds are welcome at this free event. The event will include information booths, vendors, entertainment, religious ceremonies, and other activities celebrating the Autumn Equinox- a time of thanksgiving in many Pagan traditions. Non-perishable food items will be collected and donated to charity. 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., Freighthouse Square, 430 East 25th Street, Tacoma,(253) 305-0678.
3. There will be plenty of treasure seekers and bargain hunters, with over 3,000 visitors and 175 vendors in years past. Along with garage sale booths, the Secondhand Safari will also have educational booths, a free book and magazine exchange, entertainment, food, and more. The Secondhand Safari will run from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. $1-$2, Thurston County Fairgrounds, 3054 Carpenter Road Lacey,(360) 786-5453.
4. For one night only, experience and support the work of queer youth performers who have created this production based on their own experiences, and commentary on the culture we live in! This is a full scale musical production that you can’t miss! This year’s theme centers around sex and sexuality with a little teen drama mixed in. 7 p.m., donations, Capitol Theater, 206 Fifth Ave. S.E.(360) 754-3635.
5. Yo momma is so ugly that when she went to a beautician it took 12 hours... to get a quote! Vinum Coffee and Wine Lounge Presents The 1st Annual Yo Momma "Rank" Contest. Hosted by Boe Blast. Judges: Ash'ley Rushin of Rush Comedy, Toby Roberts- Stand-Up Comedian, Actor & Writer Mike Mack of Fresh Preserves Entertainment Participants will be determined by local sign-ups. Live performances and comedic acts will grace the stage. Cash Prize to the winner. 6 p.m., $10, 1001 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma,(253) 779-9901.