October 23, 2012 at 5:04am
1. What a great way to spend an evening, enjoying the first wine dinner this fall with world renowned King Estate Winery from Oregon. Winery representative and Duke's favorite, Edward Holmes, will personally attend and educate on the flavors and food pairings of each of the wines that will be tasted. Five courses of tasty Duke’s food including six wines and you will come away with a memorable experience. All for $74 + tax and gratuity. 6 p.m., Duke's Chowder House, 3327 Ruston Way, Tacoma, (206) 985-9466.
2. The YWCA Pierce County, in partnership with The Pixel Project and Tacoma's own Corina Bakery, are launching the first “Paint It Purple” fundraising cupcake sale. Corina Bakery is generously donating $1 of every specialty cupcake sold in the month of October, to support our joint efforts to end violence against women.There's no guilt in indulging for a good cause! Corina Bakery, 602 Fawcett Ave., Tacoma,(253) 627-5070.
3. Daniel Higgs, Japp Blonk, Spires That In The Sunset Rise and Arrington de Dionyso bring a night of unforgettable music to all ages at Northern. K Records promoter Daniel Ruse had this to say about Arrington de Dionyso, "The last time I saw him perform, I was like ‘You've got to be kidding me! He uses Cuban throat singing - like when dudes belch, in fact, I think that's how he got started. His clarinet playing is tremendous and he's just a powerhouse of energy." 8 p.m., 414 1/2 Legion Way, Olympia.
4. The Long View: Historic Panoramic Photographs of Tacoma and Pierce County From the collection of Ron Karabaich and the Tacoma Public Library. Glimpse the landscape of early 20th century Tacoma through panoramic photos capturing the people, industry, and scenic views of Tacoma's past. A collaborative exhibit of photos from the Tacoma Public Library's collection featuring prints by Ron Karabaich. 11 a.m. - 8 p.m., Tacoma Public Library Main Branch, 1102 Tacoma Ave. S. (253) 591-5666.
5. Imagine a viral outbreak has wiped out a majority of the population and reanimated their corpses! Where will you go? What will you do? Learn survival skills that may one day help save your life. 7 - 8:30 p.m., free, 625 Black Lake Boulevard Southwest #410 Olympia,(360) 786-1938.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...