1. The phrase “Get Jesse” takes on new meaning for Tacoma-based organization, the Korean Women’s Association (KWA). This local non-profit did, indeed get Jesse. KING 5 Television Investigator, Jesse Jones, will be the Keynote Speaker for KWA’s 40th Anniversary Luncheon. Jesse Jones, Best known for the phrase “Get Jesse,” is an investigative reporter for the station. However, he is also a KWA ambassador because his mother receives home care services from KWA. 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., $50, Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center, 1500 Broadway, Tacoma,(253) 830-6601.
2. Presented by South Sound Wedding & Event Magazine. Learn time- and cost-saving tips from local wedding professionals in this intimate gathering. Wedding professionals: Indian Summer Golf & Country Club, Cortney Kelley Photography, Life's Flix, South Bay Sound, Black Hills Bakery, Hot Shots Photo Booth, Hand & Stone Massage, Wishes! Wedding & Event Planning, Sandpaper Custom Stationery and Amanda's DFB Flower Co. Enjoy delicious food in the beautiful ballroom. Register at the door to win prizes. 6 - 8 p.m., Indian Summer Golf & Country Club, 5900 Troon Ln. SE, Olympia.
3. The first U.S. retrospective of Michael Kenna’s photography in more than twenty years, Memories and Meditations will explore his ongoing investigations of special locations around the world. Born in Great Britain but now based in Seattle, Kenna frequently returns to certain locales in order to record them over the course of several years. His signature style evokes a sense of timelessness that underscores the intimate connections of history and geography. Kenna captures the innate beauty in locations as diverse as power plants in central England, the gardens of Versailles, abandoned factories in Detroit, and remote islands in Japan. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Organized by Tacoma Art Museum, 1701 Pacific Ave.
4. Come do your thing while Tacoma favorite Kim Archer does her thing. 7 - 9 p.m., free, Harmon Tap Room, 204 St. Helens, Tacoma, (253) 212-2725.
5. When was the last time you made it down to late night karaoke at the China Clipper? It's about time to check it out again. With unbridled passion and a good dose of liquid courage, karaokers do it right at the Crippler. 402 4th Avenue East, Olympia,(360) 943-6300.