October 5, 2012 at 6:03am
1. The Harvest Festival offers autumn-themed family entertainment, including bounce houses, hands-on arts and crafts, activities, games, refreshments and a CLICK! Mobile Movie: Gostbusters (PG) . Each community center will offer a slightly different aspect of traditional fall harvest activities, featuring local businesses and vendors. Plus pumpkin-decorating activities. 5 p.m., 7 p.m. movie, free, STAR Center, 3873 S. 66th St.,Tacoma,(253) 404-3939.
2. You must be 18 or older to attend this event that features scantily clad zombies, ghouls and ghosts. Expect be frightened, excited, squirted with blood and touched. Strict no touching back policy. Totally creepy in more ways than one. But, hey, it's for a good cause as it benefits Fisher House Foundation. 7 p.m. - 11 p.m., $13, Cheney Stadium, 2502 S Tyler St, Tacoma. http://www.thehillbillyhaunt.com/
3. For three days each October, the Museum of Glass goes to the birds! Oiva Toikka's Birds by Toikka are collected worldwide and each bird is individually hand-blown and sculpted from molten glass. Each year Professor Toikka designs a new, limited-edition bird for the Museum of Glass that is debuted at this event and available for purchase in the Museum Store. The 2012 bird is the Western Tanager.10 a.m. - 5 p.m., free - $12, 1801 Dock Street
4. Definition of Cash Mob: A gathering similar to a flash mob organized through social media, where a group meets at a locally owned business and spends money. The location is kept a secret until the last minute. The atmosphere is very silly and fun. Today's location is Make Olympia Market at fall Arts Walk. There is breads and pastries, clothing & accessories, soaps, jewelry, home decor, children's items, scarves, photography and more!
The market is located in the Artesian Well parking lot at 4th and Jefferson downtown, look for the market signs and our Cash Mob sign. 6 p.m.
5. Downtown Olympia businesses will open their doors to showcase the wonderfully rich and diverse resource of visual and performing arts of the South Sound Region. Enjoy drawings, paintings, prints, sculpture, ceramics, glass, photography, fibers and other visual art. Take in diverse performing arts, from family theater to a variety of musical styles and dance from fiddle to Flamenco! Check out the Latte Art Throwdown! Witness aerialist performance and experimental film! Whatever art form moves you, chances are you’ll find it downtown during Arts Walk. 5 - 10 p.m.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...