October 20, 2012 at 6:23am
1. Join thousand of Americans as they gather today to help restore the ecosystems of parks throughout Tacoma . This is a great city wide event that gives you a chance to explore Tacoma's natural areas and parks, while also giving back to the community. 10 a.m.- 1 p.m., parks throughout Tacoma. http://www.forterra.org/events/Green_tacoma_day
2. For 20 years, GRuB (and the Kitchen Garden Project) has been throwing an annual fall fundraiser in one way or another. Whether it be Seafood at the Schmidt, Soirée at the Schmidt, or now GRuB’s Harvest Soirée, one thing is certain and that is, they know how to throw a party! This year, they’re taking the best elements of our past events (amazing local food, fabulous music, tasty wine & beer, powerful youth and gardener speeches, and a spectacular auction filled with goodies you’ll love so much you’ll pay top dollar to beat your friends!) and moving them to a new location with a new date. This year, they’ll be at the one-of-a-kind Medicine Creek Winery (A boutique winery on a farm in the Nisqually Valley featuring the award-winning red wines of local vintner Jim Myers. ) for a night of fun and fundraising you won’t soon forget. 5 - 9:30 p.m., 947 Old Pacific Highway Southeast Olympia, (360) 701-6284.
3. The music of Devil on a Leash is as diverse as the band's many influences. Songs like "Take It All", "Solitude", and "Steal Temple" invoke the straight-ahead heavy sound of 70s and 80s hard rock. "Safe Word" and "The Hatter" display the bands more atmospheric and experimental influences, while "The Win" and "Year's End" demonstrate their pop sensibilities. They are releasing their full length CD tonight at Louie G's Pizzeria along with Shogun Barbie and Bodybox. 8 p.m., all ages, free. 5219 Pacific Ave E, Tacoma. (253)926-9700.
4. In 2011, Tacoma Art Museum presented "Gala Deconstructed" a lively evening of roaming performers, delicious small bites, soothing pours of wine, and freedom from assigned table seating. You are invited to join as they continue the successful theme of deconstructing their annual fundraising event at this year's Gala Nouveau, a celebration of artists, their muses, and you. Once again, the evening will feature the culinary excellence of Tom Douglas, recipient of the James Beard Award for Outstanding Restaurateur in the Nation. 6:30 p.m., Tacoma Art Museum, 1701 Pacific Ave. For more information, contact the Gala Nouveau Event Manager at (253) 272-4258 x3057.
5. Great show tonight at 4th Ave Tav in Olympia. Simon the Leper with Child Children and Full Moon Radio. Please do yourself a favor on this rainy day and go see a good rock show. 9 p.m., 210 4th Ave. (360)786-1444.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...