October 13, 2012 at 5:57am
1. Fall From Grace will be playing their first show since January as part of their three month U.S. tour. Fall From Grace, True Holland, Radumus and Kyong Kim performing tonight. This will be an all ages event @ Louie G's in Fife. 7 p.m., 5219 Pacific Hwy E, Tacoma. Fall From Grace official music video for "18 and Out" http://youtu.be/O1COMju3AuE
2. This benefit is to recover some of the cost of a break-in that resulted in the loss of all earnings for the past month. Live music, silent auction, activities for the kids and food of course! Here's the menu: Shrimp Creole Pastel with Collard Greens -Tandoori Lamb Pastel with Raw Sauce (optional), a tangy honey-lemon sauce made with brine and coconut milk.-Vegan Sweet Potato and Green Chili Pastel-Cactus and Cheese with Green Chili Masa. For dessert: Gluten-free Lemon-Lavender Love Cake and Gluten-free Chocolate Caraway Cookies. Cost will be between $12-$18 per plate and will come with a portion of pastel, plus Coconut Sticky Rice and raw, Honey-Lime Marinated Jicama. Kraut will be offered as an optional side and all items will be available a' la cart as well. Dessert will be extra. Fertile Ground Community Center and Guesthouse, 311 9th Ave, Olympia (360)352-2428.
3. Come to the first annual Paper Trails Book Arts Festival! King's Books will be hosting over 20 bookbinders, papermakers, calligraphers, and paper artists! Meet local artists and view their wares! Make your own keepsake! Make paper creations! Paper Trails is a collaboration between King's Books, Tacoma Book Arts Group, Tacoma Calligraphy Guild, and Puget Sound Book Artists. 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., 218 St. Helens Ave., Tacoma(253) 272-8801 www.kingsbookstore.com/event/papertrails.
4. Family Days: Pumpkin Paradise. Channel the Halloween spirit and create your own perfect pumpkin with artist Jennifer Adams using recycled materials. Dancers from the YMCA will perform in the Grand Hall. 1 - 4 p.m., Free with museum memebership or admission $5-$12, Museum of Glass, 1801 Dock Street, Tacoma,(253) 396-1768.
5. Jeweled Scarab Dance Company and Embrace the Belly Productions presents CIRQUE DE BIJOUX ... the first show of its kind in the Tacoma area! Featuring local belly dance and variety talent, CIRQUE DE BIJOUX tears the big top off the circus and drops in a sprinkling of belly dance, burlesque, alternative motion, and a plethora of visual stimulation! Come check out the newest stage production in the Tacoma area! 8 pm doors, limited seating; 9 pm show. $7 advance, $10 door, 9 years and younger free. The Deltan Club, 733 Commerce Street
Tacoma, (253) 680-9328.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...