October 16, 2012 at 6:11am
1. Fanciful exhibition mums and a plethora of pumpkins provide a unique indoor opportunity for pictures around Halloween. 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., $5 suggested donation, W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory, 316 South G Street, Tacoma,(253) 591-5330.
2. The Physicality of the Present: Ann Johnston Schuster and John McCuiston. In the work of these two artists, we see figures made vulnerable by the physical and emotional constraints placed upon them. Ann Johnston Schuster’s prints present vulnerability not as a constraint, but as a link to our humanity. John McCuiston’s sculpture moves between history and myth, ceremony and humor. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., free, University Gallery, 120120 Park Ave.Tacoma, (253) 535-7573.
3. Lattin's Cider Farms presents a haunted house at Olympia's Capital Mall. (Next to Forever 21.) Young children: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm $5.00 Older children: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm $8.00. Refreshments will be served as well with the following items : Apple cider, caramel apples, caramel popcorn, donuts, and many other baked goodies. 625 Black Lake Boulevard Southwest, Olympia.
4. Many still remember Mount Hood erupting in 1865, as well as the more recent activity of Mount St. Helens in 1980 and then in 2004-2007, but what is going on now? Have the Cascade Volcanoes gone back to sleep for the next century? And will Pierce Brosnan and Tommy Lee Jones be here to save us when they wake up? This presentation with Dr. Steve Malone of the University of Washington Department of Earth and Space Science will explore a few of our volcanoes from inside and out. 7 - 8:30 p.m., REI, 625 Black Lake Boulevard Southwest #410 Olympia,(360) 786-1938.
5. TWIN PEAKS TUESDAY episodes 5+6/ settlers of catan & board games, free. $3 house red wine, cocktail specials. 8:30 p.m. New Frontier Lounge, 301 East 25th Street Tacoma, (253) 572-4020.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...