1. The mighty Big Wheel Stunt Show & Friends play the showcase at Magoo's Annex DJ Melodica too! $3 pints, $2 Hot Dogs 9 p.m., no cover, 2710 N 21st Street, Tacoma, (253)759-0467.
2. Care about Olympia? Hit up city hall tonight - there will be a discussion of sub-area planning & other related neighborhood topics. 6:30 p.m., free, 601 4th Avenue East, Olympia,(360) 753-8325.
3. Featuring the works of Laura Ahola-Young, Lois Beck, Becky Knold, and Mia Schulte. The exhibit will feature the artists’ abstract painted and mixed-media pieces. Noon - 4 p.m., free, Kenneth J. Minnaert Center for the Arts Gallery, 2011 Mottman Road Southwest, Olympia, (360) 596-5527.
4. Professional actors will read and perform controversial sections from three books that have been banned or challenged in the United States, including Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451. The troupe will then facilitate a discussion on the First Amendment and how and why books are banned. Banned Books Week is September 30-October 6 this year. 2 p.m., free, 500 College St SE, Lacey, (360)491-3860.
5. It's karaoke with a live band. Earn your rockstar status tonight at Jazzbones. 9 p.m., ladies free, dudes $3, 2803 6th Avenue Tacoma, (253) 396-9169.