October 1, 2012 at 5:55am
1. The mighty Big Wheel Stunt Show & Friends play the showcase at Magoo's Annex DJ Melodica too! $3 pints, $2 Hot Dogs 9 p.m., no cover, 2710 N 21st Street, Tacoma, (253)759-0467.
2. Care about Olympia? Hit up city hall tonight - there will be a discussion of sub-area planning & other related neighborhood topics. 6:30 p.m., free, 601 4th Avenue East, Olympia,(360) 753-8325.
3. Featuring the works of Laura Ahola-Young, Lois Beck, Becky Knold, and Mia Schulte. The exhibit will feature the artists’ abstract painted and mixed-media pieces. Noon - 4 p.m., free, Kenneth J. Minnaert Center for the Arts Gallery, 2011 Mottman Road Southwest, Olympia, (360) 596-5527.
4. Professional actors will read and perform controversial sections from three books that have been banned or challenged in the United States, including Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451. The troupe will then facilitate a discussion on the First Amendment and how and why books are banned. Banned Books Week is September 30-October 6 this year. 2 p.m., free, 500 College St SE, Lacey, (360)491-3860.
5. It's karaoke with a live band. Earn your rockstar status tonight at Jazzbones. 9 p.m., ladies free, dudes $3, 2803 6th Avenue Tacoma, (253) 396-9169.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...