September 15, 2012 at 5:26am
1. What is the Keen Urban Playground Scavenger Hunt? The Keen Urban Playground Scavenger hunt is an exciting, and unique way to explore downtown Olympia while solving fun clues with a team of your favorite people. You and three of your friends (all ages are welcome!) can embark on a great adventure through downtown Olympia. 3pm – 6pm. $40 per team, 2 p.m. registration, check-in. Start/finish at The Alpine Experience, 408 Olympia Ave NE, (360) 956-1699.
2. Too much good stuff to list going on this Saturday! 5:30 p.m. Get real Irish with 'The Boys Of Malin' featuring members of the Chancers....7:30 p.m. Spend some time with the lovely Guinness Girls! 10 p.m. Jefferson Angell of Missionary Position unveils his new Soul band! Free, Doyle's Public House, 208 Saint Helens Avenue
Tacoma, (253) 272-7468.
3. Come and shop a great selection of local vendors while enjoying light snacks and a signature cocktail. 21+, please no children as this event tends to get crowded and there are adult beverages being served. This is a shopping event to support local artists, crafters and creators! $5, 2-6 p.m., Urban Shopping & Cocktails, 842 S. Sprague Ave, Tacoma, www.facebook.com/UrbanShoppingCocktails
4. Spaceworks Tacoma is throwing a party! They are hosting a Cakewalk extravaganza, co-hosted by JD Elquist and Travis Pranger of Electricbranch Creative. Here's how it works: local artists and cakemakers have donated amazing artworks and fabulous cakes. Taking a cue from elementary school cakewalks everywhere, party-goers will buy tickets to "walk" in either a cakewalk ($5) or an artwalk ($20). The "walker" that lands on the right number will get to pick their favorite cake or artwork, respectively. Free admission, 6-9 p.m., Electric Branch Creative, 311 S. 7th Street, Tacoma, www.spaceworkstacoma.com
5. "Since the passing of the King more than 35 years ago, there has never been a tribute artist that has so captivated the look, moves, and sound of the King more than Justin Shandor." According to the “Jordinaires,” Elvis’s original background singers, with whom Justin has performed with on several occasions, Justin has the raw talent that shot Elvis to the top. His likeness to the King is so close that at one time Graceland emailed a casino where Justin was performing and told them they could not use a real picture of Elvis to advertise the event. It was a picture of Justin! 7 p.m. $25-$35, Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E.(360) 753-8586.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...