September 30, 2012 at 5:49am
1. Join Master of Ceremonies Calvin Johnson and Film Society staff to kick off this year’s Olympia Film Festival! This is an all ages event! Be the first to see the festival lineup along with surprise performances from K Records musicians. Catch an advance screening of Crazy & Thief, a family-friendly musical adventure from cult filmmaker Cory McAbee (The American Astronaut.) 5:30 p.m, $8-$12, Capitol Theater, 206 Fifth Ave. S.E. (360) 754-3635.
2. Like eager elementary school student moms, the Middle Floor Merchants are having a Bake Sale! Handmade cookies, cake pops, and other sweets all lovingly made by the shop owners on the middle floor. All of the proceeds will go to their advertising budget. If there's one thing everyone tells them, it's: "you guys should advertise." Located inside of Sanford and Son Antiques on 743 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402. Come in the Broadway entrance and head downstairs. You can also take the LINK and come in the 744 Commerce street entrance.
3. Vegan BBQ - that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one - but it's happening today. This will be the first BBQ held by Tacoma Vegan Group. Please bring a blanket or a chair. As usual everyone is welcome from newly veggie-curious to long time. If you aren't sure what vegan is, it means no meats (including fish and shellfish), no dairy, eggs, honey, gelatin, animal based broths like chicken or beef, etc. Also it's always great when an ingredient list is brought for anyone who may have food allergies. This is a family friendly event so children are welcome and so are our animal friends (as long as they are on leashes as that is required.)1 - 5 p.m., 316 South G Street,Tacoma,(253) 591-5330.
4. Ever wonder what goes on inside that shiny metal cone? Find out on Sundays by showing your college ID for FREE admission! See what all the fuss is about - beautiful designs, excellent craftsmanship and lots of pretty, shiny glass. Museum of Glass, 1801 Dock Street
Tacoma, (253) 396-1768.
5. Quash that inner bridezilla and say goodbye to exhausting bridal shows. Tacoma Art Museum Bridal Bash is a unique, interactive experience for brides, grooms, friends, and family. Meet with local wedding professionals, enjoy light appetizers, explore the museum and enjoy a fashion show featuring London Couture and The Wedding Bell. 2 - 9 p.m., $10 - $20. Tacoma Art Museum, 1701 Pacific Ave.,(253) 272-4258.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...