September 22, 2012 at 5:30am
1. Enjoy a glass of pre-show champagne, revel in the 40th anniversary tour of Manhattan Transfer, a revered musical, and stick around for a grand cocktail party with the performers after the show. 7:30 p.m., $38 and up, Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E.(360) 753-8586.
2. Shop Till You Drop is an event created to celebrate our neighborhood French Market Style! Please join on this day filled with fun, fashion, entertainment, and LOTS of shopping for everyone! The best of the best small businesses have been selected to collaborate and show off their art, fashion, collections, and delights. 1 - 6 p.m., free, Opera Alley: 709 Court C/Opera Alley, Tacom.
3. In the tradition of love and humanity, in celebration of life in all its fantastic forms, Tacoma is having its first ever Lumins Celebratory Festival of Lights. Join in the festivities, and surprise hundreds of unexpected others as they exit Broadway Center's Fall Free for All! This year's Theme: the Stellar Galactic Zu of Life.7:45 - 11 p.m., free, Downtown Tacoma: on Broadway. P.S. Don't forget to check out the Lumin's after party at New Frontier Lounge with Death By Stars and guests.
4. Keep your garden blooming! Hardy herbs, garden mums, perennials and houseplants will be available for purchase. Proceeds benefit the W. W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory. 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Point Defiance Greenhouses, 5402 N. Shirley Street, Tacoma.
5. Looking for a great free activity for yourself or out-of-town guests? Take a guided tour along Olympia's scenic waterfront to learn about the public art that is both shaped by and defines our community! Tours take approximately one hour. meet at bell in front near traffic circle. 11 a.m., Olympia Farmer's Market, 700 Capitol Way North, Olympia, (360) 709-2678, www.olympiawa.gov.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...