August 11, 2012 at 5:19am
1. Tacoma garage pop punkers are bringing their love-sick lyrics and catchy riffs to the Metronome coffee house tonight. Along with Oh Dear, and Not From Brooklyn, this show is all ages, has a $5 suggested donation, and will rock socks off. 3518 6th Ave, Tacoma.
2. Music and Art in Wright Park is a family friendly, free, music and arts event filled with art, crafts, some food and a ton of music!! Rock, rock-n-roll, Alternative, Pop, Punk, whatever you want to call it, Tacoma has a great history in it and a bright future for it. Free, Noon - 7 p.m. 316 South G St., Tacoma, 253.591.5330.
3. The YWCA Pierce County is hosting its first beer and wine tasting festival/fundraiser...Cork & Keg! What's better than tasting wine and beer made by incredible local breweries and wineries all in the name of supporting a stellar services and saving lives? $30, Noon - 7 p.m.,The Space, 729 Court C, Tacoma.
4. Celebrate with saying goodbye to the old Museum building after 14 years. You'll be able to put your own goodbye message on the Museum walls! Exciting door-prize drawings, special performers, and fun art and science activities! 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., 106 11th Avenue SW, Olympia, 360.956.0818.
5. It’s the last night of Lacey Parks and Rec’s Outdoor Cinema Series, so a double feature is in order. Grab a blanket and enjoy Hairspray and Mama Mia! Music begins the night with Dan in Black, a Johnny Cash Tribute. Free, music at 7 p.m., movies at dusk. Huntamer Park in Woodland Square, Lacey. 360.491.0857.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...