August 26, 2012 at 4:50am
1. Come be part of Olympia's favorite variety show: THE LORD FRANNZANIAN ROYAL OLYMPIAN SPECTACULAR VAUDEVILLE SHOW! Anything goes, so get creative, think of an act/ a performance of any kind (except rock bands) and come to The Midnight Sun Performance Space today at 3pm. Audition your act, or just convince the director you will be ready for the September show. Vaudeville show goes up September 21-30, 2012. Questions? Call Elizabeth Lord at 360.754.7114, or check out the site www.professionaltalker.com and click on vaudeville show. 113 N. Columbia St., Olympia.
2. Louiefest Benefit at The Swiss is all ages and free, with amazing raffles prizes and lots of live entertainment. Starting at 3 p.m. with film performance highlights of The Sonics and Moby Grape at LouieFest. Followed by Double Take, who are school age rockers, The Super Group, who debuted on The Bob Rivers Show last month, Nicole Fournier, who many compare to Stevie Ray Vaughn, and finishing with The Toy Box Pole Studio, seven to ten pole dancers who perform vertical gymnastics with the art of dance. Proceeds benefit The Wailers Performing Arts Foundation supporting youth music and scholarship programs. The Swiss, 1904 S. Jefferson Ave, Tacoma, 253.572.2821.
3. Joshua Ploeg a/k/a Joshua Plague- touring vegan chef, Los Angeles personal chef and noisy punk rock "singer" comes to Oly Vegan today to cook up some delicious vegan food, sign some his wonderful cookbooks and 'zines, and have an all around great time with you! With live music from MOON DRUID! this night promises to be a blast! 7 p.m. $8-$12 suggested donation. 313 5th Ave SE, Suite A, Olympia, 360.500.0900.
4. Tonight at the Olympia Highschool Performing Arts Center is the premier of Ballet Northwest's first Young Choreographers Showcase. The performance features premiere dances created by local dancers for local dancers. Expect to see a little bit of everything! 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at Johansen Olympia Dance Center or at the door. 1302 North St, Olympia. 360.943.8011.
5. It's movie night at the Brotherhood Lounge. That means free popcorn, good cocktails and a free showing of some off-beat movie. This week is "The Burbs," a 1989 comedy/thriller/horror starring Tom Hanks. An overstressed suburbanite and his paramilitaric neighbor struggle to prove their paranoid theory that the new family in town is a front for a cannibalistic cult. 7 p.m. The Brotherhood Lounge, 119 Capitol Way, Olympia. 360.352.4153.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...