August 25, 2012 at 5:15am
1. AKA and the Heart Hurt Goods, Ephryme of Saints of Everyday Failure, Floyd Noodles formally known as Qstorm! Doors open at 9 (Comedy show starts at 9 and music 10:30.) What more in a night do you want? Comedy? Music? Get there early and party! Think Global, Rap Local. $5, Play Pen, 3811 Pacific Ave, Lacey, 360.350.0861.
2. From 10 a.m – 8 p.m., Heritage Park in downtown Olympia will be filled with live performances, vendors, food, raffles and more. Guest speakers and live music will get festival participants in the mood, and information regarding hemp and marijuana will be readily available. Free. For more information and music line up, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/400474466676169/
3. Based on the resumes of vocalist Sean Wheeler (Throw Rag) and multi-instrumentalist Zander Schloss (Circle Jerks, the Weirdos, Joe Strummer), you’d expect a rambunctious sound emanating from the Legendary Duo, but you’d be wrong. The twosome plays a hybrid of folk, country, pop, ragtime, bluegrass and gospel that includes all the frenzied energy and spirit of the duo’s aforementioned bands, but is executed with a soulful dash of Americana charm not often heard west of the Mississippi. 7 p.m. $5, 1230 Room, 111 Washington St., Olympia, 360.352.1230.
4. The Oly Bella Donnas will be taking on Rodeo City Roller Girls from Ellensbug, WA and the Oly Cosa Nostra Donnas will be skating hard against the Minnesota Roller Girls.
There will be a beer garden for you derby fans over 21! What's better than great derby and beer on a Saturday night? You can purchase tickets from any Oly Roller, online at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/221878, from several of our awesome sponsors or you can pick them up at the door! (But remember, getting them in advance saves you a couple bucks!)6 p.m., Skateland, 2725 12th Ave, Olympia, 360.352.9943.
5. Where the community comes together to learn and enjoy the thrills of what the Working Waterfront has to offer. Folks are invited to board boats and trains, build boats, watch a paddleboarders or kayak race and learn Tacoma's Thea Foss history! 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Free, Foss Waterway Seaport, 705 Dock St., 253.272.2750.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, The Mouth, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
This is great,
Great info! I'm so excited to hear that "The Eagles" concert was announced and they are the top...
Captain Poopy Shoe! Ha! Thanks for the video laugh this morning...
I love The Smiths, Morrissey, Johnny Marr, and well, this video will keep me laighing for...
#6 Attend a FREE presentation and slide show with Q&A on cycle touring around the world by 6...