August 15, 2012 at 5:22am
1. Radio8Ball is the musical divination show where questions are answered by picking songs at random and interpreting them like musical tarot cards. Hosted by Andras Jones who created the format, this episode will feature the music of Kendl Winter and awesome gifts from sponsors Oly Kraut, Last Word Books, K Records, Sync Book Press & Kitzel’s. Show starts at 9 p.m., come early for dinner - nosh plates, desserts, wine, beer and other drinks will be available during the show after 9 p.m. All ages, $5, Kitzel's Crazy Delicious Delicatessen, 514 E Capitol Way, Olympia.
2. Explore the use of oil pastels, acrylic paints, ink and watercolors.Please remember that anyone under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Instructor: Victoria Clayton. Please RSVP. $10 Day pass (may be applied toward any membership). Tacoma Art Place, 1116 S. 11th, Tacoma, 253.238.1006.
3. Picnic! The gardens on a summer evening are unlike any other time. Grab the family for a mid-week outing and take advantage of the beautiful calm that embraces these 10-acres as day becomes night. $6-$9, children 12 and under are free, Lakewold Gardens, 12317 Gravelly Lake Dr. S.W., 253.584.4106.
4. Craig Terrill, who played for the Seattle Seahawks (2004 to 2011), is the front man for this Americana rock band. He plays music like he played football, with a strong stage intensity. His voice and style are reminiscent of Springsteen, Seger and Mellencamp. Sylvester Park, Legion and Capitol Way, Olympia, free, 7 p.m.
5. Mos Generator and C.F.A play the ACME Tavern tonight. Both bands have a new full length album to share, and both bands seriously know how to rock. Fresh off MAWP, these two bands never disappoint. $5, 9 - 11 p.m., ACME, 1310 Tacoma Ave, 253.272.1892.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...