1. Northwest music scene break-out since 2004, High Ceiling plays alongside some of the biggest names in Jam-Rock-Reggae; John Brown's Body, Rubblebucket, Clinton Fearon, Kyle Hollingsworth, Junior Reid, and many more. Roots reggae, world, trance and jazz sounds are infused with improvisation, defining High Ceiling's unique presence in the Northwest music and eclectic arts scenes. 9 p.m., The Olympia Ballroom 116 Legion Way, Olympia.
2. Northern in Olympia desperately needs sound engineers- if you've ever been interested in doing sound for live shows, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Sam is a magical teacher. 6-8pm, to be followed by a great show with thelittlestillnotbigenough, Sunshine & Irony, and Ninja Turtle Ninja Tiger! Northern: Olympia All Ages Project, 414 1/2 Legion Way.
3. The Pierce County Fair is nestled among the giant firs and green grass of beautiful Frontier Park. Sit back and enjoy a wide selection of tasty fair food while viewing many of our free entertainment acts and attractions. The Pierce County Fair is the link to our agricultural past and our fast paced modern life. Don’t miss the excitement. 10 a.m. - 10 p.m., Frontier Park, 21800 Meridian South, Graham, 253.798.4176.
4. Writers of all ages and types are welcome to share their work in an encouraging atmosphere. 7 p.m., Barnes and Nobles, 1530 Black Lake Boulevard Southwest
5. For some easy-going free family fun, explore your creative side at Tenino Timberland Library. Make a kaleidoscope, carve an apple, or try another of the crafts set out for you to experience. This event is part of Summer Reading, a Timberland Regional Library districtwide program. All day, 172 Central Ave W, Tenino, 360.264.2369