August 16, 2012 at 4:43am
1. Thursday is the new Friday, so get out tonight for a healthy dose of rock 'n' roll. Le Voyeur presents Oly natives Glass Elevator with Amores Vigilantes of San Francisco, and Crystal Shipsss from Berlin, Germany. Glass Elevater channels the art of physcadelia through music. Good stuff. 9 p.m., 404 4th Ave, Olympia, 360.943.5710.
2. Tacoma ART BUS is a tour of art exhibits every third Thursday. Every month the tour has different exhibits at different locations. Some of the stops offer free food and drinks. Each month offers a different guest tour guide. This month's tour guide is Elisa Jaffe from the TV show NW Afternoon! 6 p.m., $10, $20/VIP, tickets available online via: www.TacomaArtBus.com. Tacoma Art Museum, 1701 Pacific Ave, 253.272.4258.
3. A nice way to beat the heat today would be to wander through a farmer's market. Shade, refreshments and people-watching are few of the pluses. Not to mention great food and artisan crafts. Olympia and Tacoma (Broadway) are open today. Olympia Farmer's Market is located at 700 Capitol Way and is open 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Tacoma Farmer's Market is located at 950 Broadway and is open 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
4. Join up to 10 Washington writers of poetry, prose, fiction, and nonfiction as they share current works in progress. For writers, open mic sign-up begins at 6 p.m. for a five-minute slot. All readings must be suitable for family audiences. For listeners, the readings begin at 6:30 sharp. Everyone is free to bring a brown bag dinner or snack. Washington State History Museum, 1911 Pacific Ave, Tacoma 253.272.3500.
5. Arts, Crafts and lots of other cool stuff. And it's outside. 7th-9th Streets and Broadway, Tacoma.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...