1. I recently had a friend say to me, "there are a lot of bands in Olympia, but who you should be listening to is Full Moon Radio." She's right. With strong female vocals, FMR is a lot harder and rocking then expected. Sweet and gritty, FMR plays with Mount Mazama and Hey Girl at the Northern in Olympia. All ages, $5, 8:30 p.m. 414 1/2 Legion Way.
2. And finally the true secrets of history can be revealed… What else would one expect of a film entitled, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter? In this flashy summer spectacle from the talented director of Nightwatch, comes a special effects laden journey into a reimagining of US history. It’s a little known fact that a vampire murdered Abraham Lincoln’s mother. This is the devastating event that caused the future president realize his true calling: vampire hunter. When the vampire population grows stronger; feeding on captive slaves, and fighting for The South to secure their handy supply of fresh blood; it’s up to a silver ax wielding Lincoln and a few colleagues to eliminate the bloodsuckers before they become a scourge on humanity. Midnight screening only. 206 5th Ave., Olympia. (360)754.6670.
3. Ten musicians will rotate through the evening playing a couple of their favorite songs from the late great Elliot Smith, including "Miss Misery," from the movie Goodwill Hunting. 9 p.m.,New Frontier Lounge, 301 E 25th St., Tacoma.
4. Collin Moulton's live stand-up is an intense and hilarious exploration of all things life. He is a diverse and fun talent. He is an accomplished stand-up comedian and actor with exciting passion for everything he does. $10 - $15, 18 +, 7 p.m. Tacoma Comedy Club, 933 Market St., Tacoma, (253)282.7203.
5. Junkyard Jane is a Northwest "Swampabilly" blues band performing original music and consisting of: vocalist/percussionist Leanne Trevalyan, vocalist/guitarist Billy Stoops, bassist Barbra Blue and drummer Chris Leighton. Check them out in all their blue collar glory at their 15th Year Anniversary Show at Jazzbones tonight. 7:30 p.m., 2803 6th Ave., Tacoma, (253)396.9169.