August 4, 2012 at 4:01am
1. Orca Books is delighted to welcome Portland author Anthony Alvarado to the store this Saturday afternoon to talk about his zine about the history and many meanings and uses of magic. 6-8p.m., 509 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia, 360.352.0123.
2. Don’t miss the biggest adoption event of the year! Over 20 groups from around Washington State will have companion animals of every shape and size, available for adoption. Bring your other dogs to play in fenced areas, and ensure you get the right fit for your whole family. Merchants will be on hand offering great products and services to help you with your pets. Entertainment will feature Automatic Theory, Gina Belliveau, Sevens Revenge, & Kim Archer Band. With face painting and doggy wading pools it is a day of fun for the whole family! Casual summertime attire, shoes and shirt are required. Dogs must be leashed and under control at all times. 10a.m. - 3p.m., FREE, University of Puget Sound - Todd Field, 1500 N. Warner Street, Tacoma, 253.572.7700.
3. The Original Browns Point Salmon Bake. This is Granddaddy of them all! The Original Salmon Bake is the best event in the Northwest. Big salmon dinners, live entertainment game booths for kids with prizes, Since 1946 The Bake brings people from miles around. 201 Ton-A-Wan-Da Ne., Tacoma (Browns Point)
4. Oly Pub Crawl is an annual event where participants, volunteers and local businesses come together to help raise money to fight childhood cancer. Participants go to 5-8 sponsoring bars and/or restaurants in a pre-planned order to partake in social networking and ice-cold, frothy beverages and food. No actual crawling is required. Downtown Olympia, (360) 970-6854, www.olympiapubcrawl.com
5. This is a new twist on the old garage sale. Vendors load up their trunk and sell their 'stuff' from the back of their vehicle. Junk in the Trunk is free to the public. Open 9a.m.-4p.m. Sprinker Recreation Center, 14824 S. C St.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...