July 23, 2012 at 3:18am
Ready for another week of fun? Here's where to start.
1. Capes and Cowls Book Club is adapted to mutants, aliens, technogeeks and puny humans who like to read superhero comics. July's book is Cowboy Ninja Viking, Volume I by AJ Lieberman & Riley Rossmo, books available for purchase at King's Books. The club meets the fourth Monday of every month at King's Bookstore. NOTE: The bookstore may be closed from 7-7:45 p.m. and will re-open for Book Club. www.kingsbookstore.com. 218 St. Helens Ave., Tacoma. 8 pnm. Free.
2. It's the last week for Fairy Camp. Enter the enchanted kingdom of A Simple Wish for a week of whimsical crafts, music, dancing, stories, and so much more! Tink, the Tooth Fairy, Woodland Fairies & Fairy Godmothers. A Simple Wish: 418 W Pioneer, Puyallup. www.asimplewish.biz. 9:30-11:30 am morning camp, 12:30-2:30 pm afternoon camp. $125.
3. Pokemon experts unite today in Tacoma. Gotta catch em' all! Compete and win in the Pokemon Tournament, and you will be awarded with a plush Pokemon or a mouth-watering candy trophy. Open play Wii games provided. Make a Pokemon button while waiting your turn, or enter the Pokemon drawing contest. Ages 7 to 19. Tacoma Public Library Main Library. 1102 Tacoma Ave. S. 2 pm. Free.
4. Trivia in a comedy club? The Tacoma Comedy Club hosts Trivia Night on Mondays for cash and prizes. 7 pm. No entry fee. 933 Market Street.
5. Stand Up Paddle Yoga in Olympia...wow, sounds difficult. They do it every Monday evening. $20 if you don't have a board, $10 if you bring your board. Either way, you must reserve a spot by emailing them. Find the address at www.westbaypaddleboards.com. The class is at the Ward Lake boat launch, 6pm. Taught by a certified Yogafit instructor. All particpants who are renting boards must have an introductory SUP lesson before attending
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...