July 5, 2012 at 6:48am
How is the post holiday treating you? Back at work? Feelign a bit sluggish from all the merriment? We hope you celebrated yesterday in style.
1. Surround yourself with beauty today ... and join the Tacoma Rose Society members as they do summer pruning (deadheading) in the rose garden at Point Defiance Park. Bring your questions on rose-growing, care and maintenance along with work gloves and pruners if you have them. This is a great opportunity to learn about rose growing, care and maintenance from experienced rosarians while lending a hand with this necessary and much-appreciated volunteer work. Pre-registration is not required, simply show up at the Point Defiance Rose Garden (5400 N. Pearl St.) and join in. Experience is not necessary but participants are asked to bring their own gardening gloves and pruners. The work detail is from 4-6 p.m. 5400 North Pearl Street, Tacoma.
2. Green Beer? Is it St Paddy's already? No, Tacoma Green Drinks at The Hub provides a social and networking opportunity for Tacoma-Pierce County residents interested in sustainability, conservation and environmental issues. Have you ever watched that fruit tree on your street ripen, and noticed that most of the perfectly tasty apples ended up falling and rotting on the ground? If you also hate to see good food go to waste, you’ll be relieved to hear that your local food rescue programs are actively working towards a solution. This issue of food waste occurs at a time when we also have thousands of families in our community who are hungry; so what is your community doing about it? Emily Boston, the Coordinator for the Pierce County Gleaning Project and is excited to tell you about the local efforts in Pierce County and how you can be involved. The program is from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at The Hub, 203 Tacoma Avenue South. Click on www.greendrinks.org/WA/Tacoma
3. The Ram Restaurant and Brewery Tacoma hosts Geeks Who Drink pub quiz. The quiz consists of eight rounds of eight questions and is played in teams of up to six people. Questions are read aloud by the quizmaster; teams write their answers on provided sheets and turn them in at the end of each round. The team with the most points after eight rounds is the winner. Oh, and there's drinking involved, too. 8:30 pm. 3001 Ruston Way Tacoma.
4. Put on your shit kickin boots take a begiining or intermediate country-western dance lesson at Big Whisky Saloon in Tacoma. Country Dance Lessons start at 7:30 pm for basic, or 8:15 pm for intermediate and advance. There is no charge.
5. Vote in the Best of Tacoma Poll which concludes today. You have the chance to not only win a night at the Great Wolf Lodge, but you also can spread your wisdom and advice, helping others know what is BEST in the great Tacoma area. Please cast your vote today HERE.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...