July 5, 2012 at 10:46pm
TGIF and pass the sunscreen!
1. Bring the family, warm clothes, and a blanket to enjoy Gig Harbor’s outdoor movie tonight at Skansie Brothers Park. Monsters vs. Aliens begins at 9:15 pm with free popcorn and soda. Sweet! Skansie Brothers Park. 3207 Harborview Dr. Gig Harbor, WA 98332.
2. Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat opens at Tacoma Musical Playhouse. The musical tells the Biblical saga of Joseph and and his prophetic dreams. Check out link below for schedule and pricing. tmp.org/mainstage.aspx. Tacoma Musical Playhouse. 7116 6th Avenue Tacoma. (253) 565-6867.
3. Sharpen your chalk, it's Friday and the fun is at Frost Park during the lunch hour to watch chalk art in action! Bring a lunch and root on your favorite chalkie then vote for your favorite! As always, there's free chalk on hand so feel free to join in!Noon to 1 pm, 9th and Pacific Avenue
4. It's Italian night at Grand Vin Wine Merchants in Olympia...featuring a fantastic selection of Italian wines—from a blend of Trebbiano and Grechetto to a Cabernet Sauvignon/Cab Franc blend that will play quite nicely with barbeques. Tasting hours are from 5-7 pm. To find out more, visit www.grandvinwinemerchants.com. 1003 4th Avenue East, Olympia.
5. Chainsaw art, how fun! Ray Schulz will carve bears on site - in fact, it's only one of three places in the west he will demonstrate his art. You also have a chance to win one of his custom 5 ft. custom Bear sculpture. Schulz will be at the Black Bear Diner in West Olympia from 10 to 4 pm.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...