July 30, 2012 at 8:01am
1. After a long day at the office, why not relax? Monday Meditation Meetup at the Center offers relaxation, meditation, and quiet. Please bring a mat, pillow, and blanket for comfort. Shoes Optional. 6 - 8 p.m. 6108 Mt Tacoma Drive SW, Lakewood.
2. Imagine if Harry Potter quit the quidditch team and started a punk rock band. Take that one step further and imagine that he stole a time-turner and decided to start that band with himself from a different point in time. Imagine that band could exist without compromising themselves. Imagine that they are able to operate completely independently, without managers, booking agents, recording budgets, publicists, record labels, or anything aside from a sense of enthusiasm and a desire to have fun. That band is Harry and the Potters. 6:30 p.m. Northern, 414 1/2 Legion Way, Olympia.
3. Teens (going into 6th grade - age 17) may pick up a free book anytime thorugh August 31, 2012. Sponsored by the Friends of the Olympia Timberland Library. This event is part of Summer Reading, a Timberland Regional Library districtwide program.
4. Rod Cook is a well respected, in demand Seattle area guitarist known for his stylistic versatility and soulful, melodic playing. Best known for his work with Folk/funk, Americana artist Laura Love in the 1990's and the early part of this decade, guitarist, vocalist Rod Cook began the guitar at the age of nine. Check him out tonight at the Swiss. 1904 Jefferson Avenue, Tacoma.
5. Olyphant in Olympia presents figure drawing. For these sessions, the models will be holding longer poses. Ideal for portraits, sculptures, working with colors, and for finished works. A good class for all skill levels. 6 - 9 p.m. 117 Washington St., Olympia.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...