July 11, 2012 at 6:28pm
1. The Mandolin Cafe is retiring to South Sound history, but before it does, you can take part in the last four days of live music and events. Starting tonight, here's the final count-down plan: Dave Berry & Friends Thu. 12. July (7:00pm-9:00pm), Fang Chia & Conveyer Fri. 13 July (7:00pm- 9:00pm), Kitt Bender, Kurt Lindsay & Dave Hannon Sat. 14 July (7:00pm-10:00pm), Open Mic w?Denny Foreman Sun. 15 July (6:00pm-9:00pm). Mandolin Cafe. 3923 South 12th Street Tacoma, WA.
2. Cosmic BINGO - this new entertainment craze sweeping the country takes a very old game of chance, applies some shock therapy, and creates an entertainment option that todayâ€™s younger generation are flocking to. Cosmic bingo is played in a stimulating, high energy, black light environment that is driven by DJ entertainment and the players favorite song titles. BJ's Bingo; 4411 Pacific Highway E.; Fife. 11 p.m. $7 buy in pack.
3. Beginning Tai Chi in Puyallup. Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese 'moving meditation' practiced by millions throughout the world for its health, fitness, and stress-reducing benefits. Participants will learn a short Tai Chi form along with complimentary Qigong (energy) exercises and meditation. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and shoes. Pre-registration required. Register online at: www.piercecountywa.org/parks. 7:30-8:30 p.m., Frontier Park
21800 Meridian S. $61 (8 weeks).
4. Character Blitz Party will be gathering a group together in order to wreak havoc on our fair city. Well, ok, maybe just unleash a little tomfoolery. You see we have these characters we’ve made this year to rep the block party and we’re going to cut out 11 x 17 versions of each of them, break into teams, and put out 200 of the little guys in random places all over Tacoma. The team with the most out-of-the-box character placement and the team with with the most prominent placement will win a nice little prize. (so bring your camera phones - you'll be uploading your best pics as you go to FB!). RSVP here: www.facebook.com/events/335161596559317. 6- 9p.m., 1120 Court E., Tacoma.
5. Commune with nature in the Seymour Conservatory. Join an hour of meditation guided by Megan Zaback. Call (253) 591-5330 to reserve your spot. Accessible to all. Wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or pillow to sit on. 6:30-7:30 pm., $10 suggested donation, 316 South G Street, Tacoma.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...