July 28, 2012 at 4:33am
1. Enjoy two full days of music, dance, art, and foods from around the world. Ethnic Fest Features: Fun for Families and Kids; Music and Dance on Two Stages; Good Things to Eat; Arts of the Globe; Resource Booths; Free Click! Movie Under the Stars: The Princess and the Frog (Saturday at dusk). 12 p.m Wright Park, 316 South G Street
2. Held in the Central Meadow Field. The entire family will be captivated by the amazing kite demonstrations, kite flying and more on this fun-filled day. First 200 kids will be able to make their own kites! Compliements of Pierce County Kite Fliers Association. 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Chambers Creek Regional Park, 6320 Grandview Dr W., University Place.
3. Whales in Our Midst. The exhibit focuses on orca populations that inhabit the Greater Puget Sound region and the contiguous international waters shares by Washington and British Columbia. 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., State Capitol Museum, 211 21st Ave. S.W., Olympia.
4. The Goodguys will turn the Puyallup Fair & Events Center into Hot Rod Heaven bringing in 2,000+ hot rods, customs, classics & muscle cars thru 1972 vintage. Shop the 100s of vendors & exhibitors, see the model car show, enjoy live entertainment throughout the weekend and watch the Pinstriper’s annual Brush Bash. Be sure to check out the Swap Meet and Cars for Sale Corral. It’s an automotive state fair of excitement with fun for the whole family! 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., 110 Ninth St. SW, Puyallup.
5. The Billy Shew Band has been playing the Northwest music scene for several years and continue to get praise and recognition for their fine work. Billy Shew is an award winning guitarist, songwriter and vocalist who’s talent is beautifully displayed in those guitar solo riffs that blow you away.9 p.m. Rock the Dock Pub and Grill, 535 Dock St., Tacoma.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...