1. The BIGGEST event in the South Sound is this weekend - Air Expo at McChord Field. Nearly 400,000 people are expected to see either day of the show featuring the US Air Force Thunderbirds, the Army's Black Knights, and the civilian exposition team, The Patriots. Tons of static displays and other flying acts. The complete program is HERE.
2. Capital Lakefair is Olympia's main event of the year. A fun celebration for the entire family, Lakefair includes food booths, arts and crafts, teen night, carnivals, grand parades and much more. Lakefair is held in downtown Olympia on the outskirts of Capitol Lake, food will be located on Water Street with Arts and Crafts vendor scattered through out Heritage park around the lake. Check the link to get all your questions answered. www.lakefair.org/index.htm
3. In the first of a series of live music events throughout the summer, Tacoma's Freighthouse Square will host a live performance tonight by recording artist and Northwest native Shyan Selah.
The event is the culmination of a community partnership between Freighthouse Square and The Gap at Tacoma Mall. The concert kicks off at 7 p.m. inside Foss Hall.
Selah is returning home to the Northwest from recording his latest album project, City of Angels, in Los Angeles. Tonight, he will launch the viral release of his first single "Pink Butterfly," as well as honor those who are in the fight against breast cancer. Selah will be performing with his band, The Republic of Sound, and will take time to honor breast cancer survivors in the community as he prepares for the retail release of his single in October during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
4. Like wine? 21 cellars will have a wine tasting from 12-4 pm. The tasting will cost $5/person. 21 Cellars. 2621 N. 21st St. Tacoma, WA 98406.
5. A jam-packed weekend of uniquely old-fashioned fun, food, arts and crafts, music events, parades, family activities, carnival rides, pancake breakfast, and much, much more welcomes summer officially with the Vashon Island Starwberry Festival. It's a nostalgic walk-back in time to the small town festival of days gone by. Vashon Chamber of Commerce: 17141 Vashon Hiighway SW., Vashon Island. 10 am-11 pm Sat, 10 am-6 pm Sun. Free admission. www.vashonchamber.com/strawfest/