July 29, 2012 at 5:55am
1. The final day of Louiefest features the 1000 Guitars Celebration! An invitation for one and all to plug in and play "Louie Louie" in unison. Jam an American classic with original members of The Fabulous Wailers. Outlets are provided for amplifiers and storage provided for gear. More information and instructions to play "Louie Louie" can be found at www.louiefest.com. 6 p.m., Lemay America's Car Museum, 2702 East D. St.
2. The Gig Harbor Cruisers Automotive Club hosts the 15th Annual Cruise the Narrows Car Show. All years makes and models of vehicles are welcome to enter the show. Proceeds from the show support local educational scholarships. www.gigharborcruisers.org 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., 4701 Point Fosdick Drive NW,
3. The Olympic Flight Museum is hosting the visit of the Commemorative Air Force's B-17 Flying Fortress "Sentimental Journey." The bomber is maintained and operated as a flying museum and memorial by the all-volunteer non-profit Commemorative Air Force. The "Sentimental Journey" is the most fully restored B-17 flying today. There are only approximately five B-17 Flying Fortresses still flying in the world. Do not miss the opportunity to take a walk thru history for a small $5.00 donation. Or even take a thrilling flight inside this historic treasure starting at $425.00 per person. General museum admission applies: adults are $7.00, children ages 7-12, $5.00 and children 6 and under are free. For ride reservations contact the Commemorative Air Force directly at (602) 448-9415 or email email@example.com. The Olympic Flight Museum is located at the Olympia Regional Airport, 7637-A Old Hwy 99 SE. For more information, call (360) 705-3925 or www.olympicflightmuseum.com.
4. Deep Green Resistance is doing a speaking tour of the west coast to promote the upcoming Unis'tot'en Action Camp in British Columbia. The Unis'tot'en and Wetsu'wet'in First Nations have blockaded the pathway of a proposed pipeline (actually 5 pipelines collectively called The Northern Gateway) from the Tar Sands out to the BC coast, and have asked for activists to attend an action camp in early August to support the blockade.Speakers will include the Dakota scholar and activist Waziyatawin. Please bring DONATIONS: tents, rope, white gas fuel, climbing gear, tarps, dried/canned food, coffee, money, and anything else useful in a backcountry camp. 5 p.m., Last Word Books, 211 4th Ave, Olympia.
5. In Denmark, a king is dead. His brother, Claudius, has snatched the throne and the widowed queen. Life goes on—for everyone but Hamlet. The prince, fixated on his uncle as the murderer, is charged by his father's ghost to avenge the wrong. Disconnected from the foul world around him, Hamlet strains under the weight of his task. Animal Fire's first production of Shakespeare's disturbing and psychologically rich masterpiece digs into the enigma of a man's mind. 7 p.m., free, Priest Point Park, 2600 East Bay Drive NE, Olympia.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, The Mouth, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
This is great,
Great info! I'm so excited to hear that "The Eagles" concert was announced and they are the top...
Captain Poopy Shoe! Ha! Thanks for the video laugh this morning...
I love The Smiths, Morrissey, Johnny Marr, and well, this video will keep me laighing for...
#6 Attend a FREE presentation and slide show with Q&A on cycle touring around the world by 6...