July 9, 2012 at 3:28am
Mondays don't have to suck. Here are five ideas to improve your mood.
1. Meditation Meetup, or better yet, a really good nap. Join in for relaxation, meditation, and quiet at The Center in Lakewood. Please bring a mat, pillow, and blanket for comfort. Shoes Optional $10.00/Punch Card Option. 6-8 pm. The Center - 6108 Mt Tacoma Drive SW, Lakewood. (253) 320-0764, www.lakewoodcenter.ning.com
2. It's Poetry Slam Night in Olympia - your chance to get pummeled with wit and words. The poems go flying at Al Forno Ferruzza, 408 4th Ave E Olympia. Donations are accepted. email@example.com
3. Transformational Kinesiology uses muscle testing to identify blocks to your goals. TK clears negative beliefs and patterns using powerful meditations from The Ageless Wisdom. Come learn about this new healing modality for free tonight at the Good Karma Center for Joy: 711 St Helens Avenue, Tacoma.6-7 p.m. www.goodkarmacenterforjoy.com.
4. Old school punk and electronica are front and center tonight at Magoo's Annex in Tacoma. It's Showcase Mondays where DJ Melodica and guest DJs spin punk, post punk, New Wave, early electronica, garage and more, plus a live band and drink specials. 8:30 pm.No cover is nice, too. 2710 North 21st Street Tacoma.
5. Finally, if your Monday hasn't improved by 10 am, Jakes on 4th in Olympia is worth mentioning for its progressive happy hour. We don't know of any other bar in the region that does this. Seems like a pain for the bartender, but an awesome deal for the patron, as all prices apply to well drinks and domestic beers. Here goes: $1 from 10 a.m. to noon, $1.50 from noon to 2 p.m. and $2 from 2 to 8 p.m. We'd love to see the crowd at 10 a.m. Nothing like one dollar for a little hair of the dog, which must be the only reason people drink that early in the morning. Pat on the back to Jakes for knowing its demographic.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...