March 31, 2012 at 3:43am
SATURDAY, MARCH 31, 2012 >>>
1. The rites of spring are coming fast and furious these days. Valhalla will unfold on earth once again when the weekly Proctor Farmers Market opens for the season from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 31. While your best bets for fresh produce this time of year include asparagus, rhubarb, salad greens, edible flowers, fiddleheads, wild mushrooms and green onions, this popular farmers markets doesn't stop there: You'll also find meats and cheeses, fresh-cut flowers, garden gadgets, artisanal crafts, and concessions, with plenty of free samples being doled out. John Hoover and the Quinns and Kendl ad Joe (Southern Skies) will entertain. And Wilridge Winery of Seattle will be pouring. Come see the farmers market the Weekly Volcano readers voted Super Best Farmers Market of 2011.
2. If you're looking for a prom dress, you should attend the "It's All About the Dress" event from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the University of Puget Sound Memorial Field House. This one-day only special sales event showcasing nearly 3,000 brand-name evening, prom and wedding dresses - including large selection of tuxedos and accessories - starting at $19.99. Many of the dresses still have price tags on them, and most have only been worn once. Proceeds from the event help fund Goodwill's job training and placement services for people in the community with disabilities and disadvantages.
3. If you dig Jack Johnson's music, you relish in local singer/songwriter KC Brakes's show at 8 p.m. in C.I. Shenanigan's lounge. Arrive early for that coveted fireplace table.
4. The New York Death Metal Fest with Nocturnal Slaughter, Truculence, God Denied, Future Disorder and American Wrecking Company will invade Uncle Sam's American Bar & Grill in Spanaway beginning at 9 p.m.
5. J. Elquist of The Camp - or whatever he's calling his Camp 6 organization since being served a cease and desist order from the Camp 6 Logging Museum in Point Defiance Park - hosts Static Snap every Saturday night at The Deltan Club, which sits on the top floor of the former Drake's nightclub at Seventh and Commerce. Beginning at 10 p.m. and closing the doors at 3 a.m., Static Snap kicks off tonight with DJs Omarvelous and The X-Man.
LINK: South Sound happy hours
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...