February 13, 2012 at 3:23am
MONDAY, FEB. 13, 2012 >>>
1. The Graphic Novel Book Club most likely will skip the lure of craft cocktails and delve into 1022 South's wine cellar as it discusses the manga comic The Drops of God: Volume 1, whichtells the story of Shizuku Kanzaki, who works as a beer company sales rep mainly out of a sense of rebellion against his estranged father, legendary wine expert Yutaka Kanzaki. Yup, no monsters, martial arts or effervescent young girls in this Japanese manga tale. Join the Graphic Novel Book Club at 7 p.m. inside the 1022 South for a night of reading right to left.
2. Consider the Danish waffle. It's more of a cookie filled with cream and raspberry jam. Why is called a waffle? And how the hell do you make one? Garfield Book Company will host a Danish waffle demonstration at noon and 5 p.m. in its Fireside Lounge. Don't even get us started on Tasmanian waffles.
3. To celebrate Gov. Gregoire's historic signing into law the Marriage Equality Act, the Pierce County Marriage Equality Leadership Team is hosting a party to "Raise a Glass for Marriage Equality." Beginning at 5:30 p.m. at King's Books, Tacoma Mayor Strickland, Tacoma Council Member Ryan Mello, State Rep. Laurie Jinkins, Benjii Bittle and the entire PCME Leadership Team will hug it out with the public.
4. Singer Maia Santell will be joined by guitarist Jho Blenis, bassist Tom Austin, drummer Billy Barner and guitarist Jumpin' Josh Violette for an evening of blues at The Swiss beginning at 8 p.m.
Jho Blenis, guitar, Tom Austin, bass, Billy Barner, drums, Jumpin' Josh Violette, guitar for an evening of
5. The Royal Lounge is a haven for jazz heads Monday nights. Tonight at 8 p.m. The Jazz Twigs featuring trumpeter and saxophonist Jay Thomas will fire it up. At 9:30 p.m., the Greta Jane Quartet carry it through the night.
LINK: South Sound happy hours
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...