February 29, 2012 at 4:23am
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 29, 2012 >>>
1. Join the Tacoma Convergence for its second Exchange from 7:30-9 p.m. at Embellish MultiSpace Salon. Here's how it works: Everyone has old books, CDs, clothes, knick-knacks, chotchkies, and other stuff that they don't need. You bring your stuff. Other folks bring their stuff. Then, you take the stuff what you want. Others take the stuff they want. And all the stuff is free.
2. STINK Cheese and Meat in Tacoma will host a blind tasting of five IPAs from 5-7 p.m. for $5.
3. A good man in a G-string is hard to find. Sure, it's reasonably easy to persuade someone to pose for a drawing, but even if an artist's friends and loved ones are willing to pose in the name of art, they'll soon find that it takes exceptional patience to remain frozen in place for hours on end. Life painting is one of art's most time-honored traditions, though, and there will always be a stream of aspiring Renoirs and Vermeers eager to give it a shot ... including tonight at The Mix. Artist Julian Peña has organized a live art session at 8:30 p.m. inside the gay-friendly bar in Tacoma's Triangle District. Expect local artists of all skill levels painting and sipping cocktails.
4. Beginning at 6 p.m. the bicycle-themed neighborhood joint The Hub serves $3 Sex On The Beach, Sex On the Bar and wells every Wednesday. Yes, those naughtily named cocktails, so beloved by bachelorettes, frat boys and others who are but a few years beyond drinking age, are tasty cheap.
5. Every Wednesday at 10 p.m. inside the The New Frontier Lounge, bingo players are treated to a rather boisterous evening of number-calling by the lovely Brooke. The music rocks, the prizes are craptastic and there's something very satisfying about yelling "It's not a tumor!" when B-9 is pulled from the hopper (Schwarzenegger anyone?). Sessions are free with $2 margaritas and $4 Cuervo Gold shots during bingo. Every Wednesday night is also Taco Night with $1 beef, $1 black bean and $2 chicken in soft or crunchy shells.
LINK: South Sound Happy Hours
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...