November 21, 2011 at 3:39am
MONDAY, NOV. 21, 2011 >>>
1. Have you seen the temporary public art exhibit that celebrates the important transformation of the Prairie Line Trail from rail to linear park in downtown Tacoma? The Temporal Terminus: Marking the Line exhibition features sculptural work by Austin-based national design team Thoughtbarn, as well as a who's who of the Tacoma arts scene: Jennifer Renee Adams, Kyle Dillehay, Kristin Giordano, Jeremy N. Gregory, Diane Hansen, Christopher Jordan, Lance Kagey, Lisa Kinoshita, Ed Kroupa, Bret Lyon, Janet Marcavage, Maria Olga Meneses, Nicholas Nyland, Chandler O'Leary, Elise Richman, Claudia Riedener, Holly A. Senn, Chris Sharp, James Grayson Sinding and Kenji Stoll. For more details, click here.
2. The Manitou Art Center hosts another fused-glass class, concentrating on holiday designs from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Give them a buzz at 253.584.3605 to see if there's room.
3. It's a University of Puget Sound String Chamber concert, dahling, but there's not a chamber to be found. Unless you count UPS' Schneebeck Concert Hall as a chamber, but that's impossible since it's a hall. Oh dear, this is very confusing. Perhaps the Hall is very small, intimate, if you will, like a chamber should be. But it's not. Oh goodness. Well we're sure Director David Requior will do his best to overlook the whole chamber thing and concentrate on the classic strings. Head to the Hall at 7:30 p.m. to see what happens.
4. The Steve Munger Quartet continues its Monday night thang at The Royal in Olympia, performing original compositions as well as unique arrangements of classic jazz, beginning at 8 p.m.
5. Guitar legend Jerry Miller is at The Swiss at 8 p.m. enough said.
LINK: This week's freebies
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...